To add a new Post in WordPress, follow the steps below.
From the WordPress Dashboard, mouse over Posts, and select Add New:
2. Using the Classic Editor, the New Post screen will look as below:
3. Add your Post Title in the “Add title” field above.
4. Add content in content area below the Add title field.
5. If you’re using Post Categories, select your Category in the Category block on the right hand side of the screen. You can check existing Categories or use the blue Add New Category link to add a new Category.
6. If your theme supports Featured Images, add your Featured Image using the blue “Set featured image” link on the right hand side of the screen.
7. When you’re ready, simply click “Publish” at the top right hand side of the screen.